Hello Sweet Prima Donnas!
I’m back (for good!) & with good reason.. I’ve got a wonderful recipe to share with you all!
A little over a week ago I decided to cut out artificial sweeteners, sugar, and almost all processed foods from my body to detox. I felt I was poisoning my body & was quite frankly addicted to sugar, which scared me to be honest knowing all the health risks that come along with a high sugar intake. With all this in mind I made a huge change in my diet & I am feeling GREAT! I also have had little to no cravings for sweet treats throughout the day and dessert at night as I had in the past.
I’ve been working on finding an array of ‘snacks’ to eat during the day that are healthy, little to not processed, & good for me! One of my favorites so far has been the Larabars. I’ve tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and the Brownie flavor, both delicious! Since they’ve become quite my favorite & the ingredient list is so short I figured I could make them on my own. I searched on Pinterest & quite a few recipes appeared, which I decided to base my own off of. These babies are absolutely insane! If you love Larabars you’ll love these! These make for a perfect, healthy ‘sweet’ snack or dessert.
No Bake GF Chocolate Chip Cookies (Larabar inspired)
Servings 10 Small Cookies
70 Calories per cookie – 3 Cookies = 1 Larabar
1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
1/2 Cup Dates
3 Lindt Squares (Dark Chocolate Sea Salt)- Chopped into small chunks (150 Calories worth)
- Place chopped raw cashews into food processor and process until finely chopped- not powder.
- Place chopped dates into food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Place both processed dates & cashews into food process and mix well by pulsing. If a dough doesn’t form after pulsing a couple times, add 2 tbsps of warm water to form dough and pulse several more times.
- Take dough out of processor and hand mix in chocolate chunks.
- Roll balls of dough and flatten into cookie form. (Add sprinkles if you want to make them look pretty- I did, of course!)