Happy New Year Sweet Prima Donnas!
*Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe at bottom of post
2015 has been an eventful year to say the least! I’ve learned lots of new things about myself, discovered an absolute love for running, refined my diet cutting out lots of the nasty chemical laden diet food I had thought I loved so much, traveled a bit, entered into a new relationship, and at the time of this post am half way through my junior year of college (where has the time gone?!). There have been lots of ups and downs, but I’ve made it through without too many bruises and I’m excited for what the new year holds!
Although I’m always somewhat sad to start a new year because I dislike the idea of another year being ended, I’m also very excited for this year and very excited for what it has in store for me! I’ve got lots of ideas of things I’d like to do this year and I’ll be excited to see where this time next year finds me.
I hope the end of this year finds my readers in good health and good spirits & that you are looking forward to a bright new year!
With the new year I’ve decided to bring some new changes to The Sweet Prima Donna. One of new additions is the health and lifestyle posts that I will begin to post. With the new year here many of us are looking forward to becoming healthy and working on improving our lifestyles. I hope that Sweet Prima Donna can be there alongside your journey to a healthier you, while also being there when you’re in need of an indulgence. It’s all about moderation people!
With that said, before we all start our new year’s diets I would like to share with you one of my favorite cookie recipes of all time! This cookie was a hit at my mom and I’s annual cookie party and it was also a hit to all those I shared these with on Christmas. I’ve been asked for the recipe by multiple people, so I figured it would be a great cookie to begin the new year by sharing! My gift to you! (:
Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: About 25 Cookies
1/2 cup salted butter, (1 stick)
1/3 cup Nutella (stir well before adding)
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together on medium/high speed nutella, softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until creamed and mixed well (about 2-4 minutes).
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add flour, baking soda, and cornstarch on low speed into the mixer until just combined.
- Stop and scrape down sides of bowl again, add in white and semi-sweet chips on low speed until just combined.
- Using a 1& 1/2 – 2 tbsp size scoop, scoop out dough and round into balls (Place on plate that can be put into refrigerator, as dough balls will need to chill before baking). After all dough has been rolled into balls,cover plate with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 4-5 hours, or longer. (A MUST for dough to be chilled as it is what really gives the cookie its perfect texture! Trust & believe!)
- Preheat oven to 350, line baking sheets with non-stick paper or silicone mats (I used parchment paper). Place cookies on sheet (I did 10 per sheet, just to prevent cookies from touching).
- Bake cookies for about 9 minutes, until tops are set and edges look somewhat firm. Don’t bake over 10 minutes, cookies will set as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on pan for a few minutes, then move to cooling racks.
Original Recipe Click Here
Nothing says happy new year like a perfect cookie to celebrate!